Are you tired of smiling timidly because of those unsightly gaps and chips on your teeth? Cosmetic bonding may be the answer to your prayers. Here at Art Dentistry Center, we offer cosmetic bonding as one way of helping our patients bring back their wonderful smiles and stop being afraid of showing off their dazzling and healthy-looking smile.
Dental bonding is a cosmetic procedure wherein the tooth-colored composite material is applied to the teeth to improve your smile. Specifically, cosmetic bonding can help improve the appearance of the teeth that are chipped, broken, cracked, stained, or have gaps in between them.
The procedure involved in bonding your teeth actually requires minimal preparation. The use of anesthetics during the process is usually not necessary unless an old restoration needs to be replaced or if decay is present. Before the material is applied, the tooth is roughened with a conditioning gel to allow the bonding material to adhere to the tooth. The bonding material is then applied and hardened with a curing light. For the final touch, the material will be shaped and polished to achieve the desired natural look.
Advantages of cosmetic bonding
- It does not cost much. Cosmetic bonding is one of the inexpensive dental procedures available that works excellently in improving your smile.
- Less invasive. The procedure only requires little to no reduction of tooth enamel. This means that the natural health and structure of the teeth will remain intact.
- Simple. Unlike in placing crowns and veneers, which require multiple visits and a lot of time for them to be ready, composite bonding, on the other hand, can be done in a single visit.
- Long-lasting. The materials used in cosmetic bonding is a very durable and long-lasting substance. In most cases, patients enjoy the long-term benefits of cosmetic bonding for about ten years or even more as long as good oral hygiene is practiced, and regular dental checkups are never skipped.
- Painless. As mentioned, patients usually do not need any anesthetics during the entire treatment. Numbing medications are only required for cases involving dental decays or replacement of old restoration.
How are bonded teeth cared for?
Teeth that have undergone cosmetic bonding do not need any special at-home care. However, maintaining good oral hygiene habits such as brushing and flossing the areas the same way as you do with natural teeth should always be done habitually. Also, it would be best if you refrain from eating highly-pigmented foods and beverages like coffee, tea, dark cola, tobacco products, and more as they tend to stain both the natural teeth and the cosmetic bonding. Keep in mind that going to your scheduled dental appointment should never be postponed as it is crucial in achieving optimal oral health.
Let us help you improve the appearance and form of your teeth! Book your appointment with us at Art Dentistry Center for your Cosmetic Dental Bonding in Madison Heights, MI. We are located at 1441 W. 14 Mile Road, Madison Heights, MI 48071.